5 Tips for Caring for a Female Dog in Heat
1. Maintain hygiene: Clean the secretion from the female dog's heat cycle to prevent infection and discourage male dogs from approaching.
2. Secure your home: Close windows and doors to prevent male dogs from being attracted to the scent and to keep your female dog from escaping.
3. Stimulate appetite: Due to hormonal changes, your female dog may have a decreased appetite. Encourage eating by adding probiotics to their diet or offering aromatic food.
4. Protective clothing: Consider using special dog diapers to prevent blood stains and protect your female dog from unwanted advances.
5. Balanced diet: Due to increased nutrient loss and reduced appetite, provide a nutritious and easy-to-digest natural diet with added probiotics and include fruits and vegetables.
When caring for your dog during her heat cycle, it is important to prioritize hygiene, safety, and nutrition.